Water Quality Supervisor
Company: Water Employee Services Authority
Location: Lake Elsinore
Posted on: June 1, 2021
The Water Quality Supervisor will supervise, assign, review, and
participate in the work of staff responsible for performing a
variety of tasks associated with the planning and operation of the
District's extensive water quality and related technical programs
for water treatment and distribution and wastewater collection and
treatment processes. The selected incumbent will oversee and
participate in maintaining and operating Elsinore Valley Municipal
Water District's (EVMWD's) Water Quality Laboratory for
microbiological and chemical analysis to ensure water and
wastewater system regulatory compliance, assuming responsibility as
Laboratory Director/Technical Manager, as defined in Title 22,
Division 4 of the California Code of Regulations. The successful
candidate will be a dynamic and quick thinker, who displays
proficiency and high attention to detail in their work, while
performing a variety of complex, technical, and problem solving
activities within the Water Quality Division of the Water Resources
The Application Process:If you are interested in this
opportunity, submit a completed WESA employment application online
at www.evmwd.com - EVMWD.COM - JOBS
Resumes and certifications may be included, but will not be
accepted in lieu of a completed employment application. This
position is open until filled.
First review of applications will begin onMonday May 31,
Immediate Impact:The successful candidate will be given the
following objectives upon hire:
- Within the first month, demonstrate an understanding of
District's water and wastewater sampling and testing programs. The
selected candidate will effectively manage Laboratory operations
and all technical and quality programs, as well as effectively
utilize LIMS and WaterTrax software and data management, generate
water quality reports, prepare all required regulatory compliance
reports and Lab Operations reports to Management.
- Within the first 2 months, demonstrate an understanding of
current program needs, effectively schedule sampling and testing
projects to optimize resources, and demonstrate satisfactory
progress on assigned projects.
- Within the first 3 months, complete gap-analysis of all Lab
systems, including regulatory requirements and trainings; submit a
written report with recommendations to management.
- Within 6 months, complete preparation of Lab Operations Manual,
demonstrate understanding of program needs by independently
planning and leading assigned projects and submitting required
- Within 12 months, complete all assigned projects and
implementation of identified goals, objectives, policies and
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is an effective communicator who interacts professionally
across a wide range of internal and external audiences.
- Will act with integrity and in accordance with the accepted
ethical standards of the District and applicable laws and
- Possesses the skills to train, develop, engage and motivate
- Is an enthusiastic team player, looking out for the common good
for the organization.
- Possesses education equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an
accredited college or university in chemistry, biochemistry,
biology, microbiology, environmental, sanitary or public health
engineering, natural or physical science.
- Has at least four years of responsible water quality testing,
laboratory, field sampling, and/or water treatment plant or water
distribution system experience, including two years of lead
supervisory and administrative responsibility.
- Possessesa valid Grade II Certificate in Laboratory Technology
issued by the California Water Environment Association (CWEA) or
American Water Works Association (AWWA).
- Possesses an appropriate, valid California driver's
- Must possess or obtain a valid T2 Water Treatment Operator or
valid D2 Water Distribution Operator Certification issued by the
California State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) within 12
months of hire.
- Must possess or obtain a valid Grade III Certificate in
Laboratory Technology issued by the CWEA or AWWA within 12 months
Keywords: Water Employee Services Authority, Lake Elsinore , Water Quality Supervisor, Other , Lake Elsinore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!