Sr. Water Protection Technician
Company: Water Employee Services Authority
Location: Lake Elsinore
Posted on: June 1, 2021
The Senior Water Protection Technician will oversee the
District's backflow prevention and cross connection control
program, including inspecting water system installations, to
protect the District's public water supply from contamination. The
selected candidate will enforce backflow and cross connection of
potable and recycled water systems as well as investigate and test
backflow devices for compliance. The successful candidate will be a
dynamic and quick thinker, who displays initiative and creativity
in their work, who will perform a variety of complex, technical,
and problem solving activities within the Water Quality Division of
the Engineering Department.
The Application Process: If you are interested in this
opportunity, submit a completed WESA employment application online
at www.evmwd.net. - EVMWD.COM - JOBS
Resumes and certifications may be included, but will not be
accepted in lieu of a completed employment application. This
position is open until filled. First review of applications will be
take place after Tuesday, May 25, 2021 so please apply
For questions and inquiries, please contact: Jaime Huffman (951)
674-3146, ext. 8231; email@example.com
Immediate Impact:The successful candidate will be given the
following objectives upon hire:
- Within the first month, demonstrate very good understanding of
the District's Potable and Recycled water systems; and ability to
effectively utilize District's databases; including, Backflow
program (BSIONLINE), Customer information and billing system (CIS),
and other excel spreadsheet databases.
- Within the first 2 months, demonstrate expert understanding of
the District's Cross-Connection Program Administrative Code,
Recycled Water Rules and Regulations, and pertinent Engineering
- Within the first 3 months, develop work plans for completing
assigned projects; demonstrate ability to appropriately respond to
customer and public inquiries, and resolve complaints effectively
- Within 6 months, demonstrate understanding of program needs and
requirements by independently planning and leading assigned
projects, completing and submitting required reports.
- Within 12 months, complete Implementation of identified goals,
objectives, policies and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will act with integrity and in accordance with the accepted
ethical standards of the District and applicable laws and
- Is an enthusiastic team player, looking out for the common good
for the organization.
- Possesses education equivalent to high school graduate or
equivalent, supplemented with coursework or specialized training
related to water science, including pre-treatment and cross control
- Has at least two years experience in the administration,
testing and inspection of backflow prevention devices or cross
connection control surveys.
- Possesses an appropriate, valid California driver's
- Possesses a valid T1 certificate in Water Treatment or a D1
certificate in Water Distribution issued by the California State
Water Resources Control Board.
- Possesses a valid Cross-Connection Control Program Specialist
certification issued by the American Water Works Association.
- Possesses a valid Riverside County Certificate for testing
backflow prevention devices.
Keywords: Water Employee Services Authority, Lake Elsinore , Sr. Water Protection Technician, Other , Lake Elsinore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!