Family Support Counselor
Company: Victor Community Support Services
Location: Lake Elsinore
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Pay Range: * $17.39 - $22.99 per hour
(DOE and additional pay for approved threshold languages)
* *Learning Organization: *Victor provides the best training for
new grads and clinicians looking to begin their career!
* *Leadership Development: * Victor provides employees leadership
training and promotes within! Many of our executive leadership team
have been promoted from entry-level positions!
* *Reimbursements: *Victor provides reimbursements for license
registration fees, CEUs, travel, internet/cell phone usage and
* *Loan Forgiveness: * Victor employees can apply for Public
Service Loan Forgiveness!
* Low cost Medical, Dental and Vision
* Life Insurance plan for employee and family
* 8 Paid Holidays, PTO and Sick pay
* Retirement Savings Plan (403B)
* 100% Employer Funded Retirement Plan
* Employee Assistance Program
* Mileage Reimbursement
* Verizon Wireless Discount
* Employee Referral Bonus Program
* Flexible Community-Based Schedules
*Job Summary: *
Under the direct supervision of the assigned Supervisor, the Family
Support Counselor has responsibility for providing support services
to individuals and families as identified in the designated program
and/or individualized plan. Services apply to youth in 24-hour
residential treatment and/or consumer/clients in community based
*Essential Functions: *
* Provides individual and family support services in accordance
with the individualized plans.
* Able to effectively engage, develop relationships with
appropriate boundaries with assigned clients.
* Effectively manages a flexible community based schedule.
* Completes all required documentation according to Agency and
program standards within required time constraints.
* Is an active member of assigned treatment teams.
* Meets Agency service percentage standard reflecting expected time
spent with clients, if applicable.
*Minimum Required Education and Experience: *
* Must possess a high school diploma/GED and two years' experience
working with children, youth, adults and/or families.
*Position/Program Requirements: *
* Must possess a valid California driver's license, personal
automobile insurance and clean driving record.
* Must be physically and mentally fit. Must be willing to complete
a Tuberculosis (TB) and drug screening test.
* Must be willing to complete a personal background investigation
conducted by the State of California.
* Must be flexible to work nights and weekends, may need to work a
split-shift, varying schedule according to operational needs.
* Must provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination and booster if
*Physical Requirements: *
* Must be able to work in an office or outdoor environment
including standing, walking, and running, sitting for extended
periods of time, bending, twisting, reaching, balancing, occasional
carrying and lifting up to 25 pounds and up to 10 pounds
* Must be physically able to perform Pro-Act Restraint Techniques,
CPR and First Aid as trained.
* Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in a vehicle
for traveling up to 100 miles driving distance.
_Victor Community Support Services (VCSS) is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. It is the policy of VCSS to provide equal employment
opportunities for all qualified persons. All applicants will be
considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical
condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic
information, or denial of medical and family care leave, or any
other non-job-related factors._
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.70 - $22.99 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Tuition reimbursement
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
All Employees/Volunteers/Contractors are required to be vaccinated
as of 9/30/21. All eligible Employees/Volunteers/Contractors must
be boosted by 3/1/22. All Employees/Volunteers/Contractors with
medical/religious exemptions, must test weekly.
* Bachelor's (Required)
* related: 1 year (Required)
* Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Victor Community Support Services, Lake Elsinore , Family Support Counselor, IT / Software / Systems , Lake Elsinore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!