Family Support Counselor/Mental Health Specialist
Company: North Valley School - Sonoma
Location: Lake Elsinore
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Under the direct supervision of the assigned Supervisor, the Family
Support Counselor/Mental Health Specialist has responsibility for
providing support services to individuals and families as
identified in the designated program and/or individualized plan.
Services apply to youth in 24-hour residential treatment and/or
consumer/clients in community based programs.
* Provides individual and family support services in accordance
with the individualized plans.
* Able to effectively engage, develop relationships with
appropriate boundaries with assigned clients.
* Effectively manages a flexible community based schedule.
* Completes all required documentation according to Agency and
program standards within required time constraints.
* Is an active member of assigned treatment teams.
* Meets Agency service percentage standard reflecting expected time
spent with clients, if applicable.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
* Must possess a bachelor's degree in a behavioral science (i.e.
Psychology, Sociology, Social Work etc)
* 0-3 years of experience working with children and/or families
* Must possess a valid California driver's license, personal
automobile insurance and clean driving record.
* Must be physically and mentally fit. Must be willing to complete
a Tuberculosis (TB) and drug screening test.
* Must be willing to complete a personal background investigation
conducted by the State of California.
* Must be flexible to work nights and weekends, may need to work a
split-shift, varying schedule according to operational needs.
* Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster if
* Must be able to work in an office or outdoor environment
including standing, walking, and running, sitting for extended
periods of time, bending, twisting, reaching, balancing, occasional
carrying and lifting up to 25 pounds and up to 10 pounds
* Must be physically able to perform Pro-Act Restraint Techniques,
CPR and First Aid as trained.
* Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in a vehicle
for traveling up to 100 miles driving distance.
Salary Range: $17.91 - $22.84
Victor Community Support Services (VCSS) is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. It is the policy of VCSS to provide equal employment
opportunities for all qualified persons. All applicants will be
considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical
condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic
information, or denial of medical and family care leave, or any
other non-job-related factors.
Keywords: North Valley School - Sonoma, Lake Elsinore , Family Support Counselor/Mental Health Specialist, Healthcare , Lake Elsinore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!